Re: [SQL] How match percent sign in SELECT using LIKE? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [SQL] How match percent sign in SELECT using LIKE?
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 00:26 +0200 on 17/03/1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > But I don't have in depth knowledge of the Postgres SQL parser and
> > evaluator so I may be way off base.
>
> That is also an excellent idea.  Just convert their escape to \ inside
> the parser.  Of course, they still have to use \\ to get a \, as in any
> string.  Great idea.

Just a quick note about compliance: It has to work two ways. That is, if
someone imports an SQL script from his previous database (or don't you
think people will be migrating *to* postgres, only *from* it?), it has to
work.

Thus, if someone has a script written to the SQL92 standard, he is allowed
to use a construct like

...WHERE pathname LIKE 'C:\WINDOWS\%'

Without encountering oddities.

Herouth